Sunday, March 13, 2011

Temp it Up


The day which seemed unfathomable for so long finally arrived: I moved into my new place and retired my couch surfer status. I have no desire to pack a bag for a very long time. Mostly because I am still not totally unpacked and am living the glam life a la sleeping on an air mattress. Nonetheless, I am grateful for a sense of normalcy and to have all of my things in one place and to not feel like I'm infringing on someone else's space.

I have been temping at a large non-profit in DC for the past week and a half. This is positive for several reasons, including the structure it brings to my day and the cash it puts in my pocket. My commute isn't too bad, although waking at the crack of dawn has been a rough adjustment. I've been enjoying scoping out Dupont Circle, an area i the District I haven't previously been to. A few gems I saw one morning on my walk from the Metro station to the office:

Picture uno: I, for one, find this shop's honesty refreshing.
Numero dos: how awesome is this sweater? Bright + squiggly; is there a better combo?
Tres: I'm applying. CC's got what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment