Sunday, April 17, 2011

Evading Taxes

In college I would usually turn to Facebook /reading blogs/anything on the web to procrastinate writing papers. Now that it's time to wrap up my taxes, I'm so desperate to avoid them that I am blogging. Hmph. You would be too if you owed the state of AZ as much money as I do...not cool.

Anyway, I am happy to report that I had a nice, low-key weekend. This has been rare since moving here. I can't quite explain it, but the pace of life is so busy that I feel compelled to always be doing something, and there are always fun things going on. In a lot of ways I really enjoy this. But there comes a point when complete exhaustion sets in which can make life miserable. Basically I haven't felt truly well rested since I got to DC at the end of February. No bueno.


However, this weekend I made a concerted effort to catch up on my sleep. I slept in Saturday and Sunday, which has made a huge difference in how I've felt. Rejuvenation - check.


Friday night I started things off right with a much needed manicure/pedicure. It was long overdue. And the nail tech was incredible. Props to her and her perfectionist ways for doing an excellent job and helping me feel relaxed and pampered. Blissful, indeed. Afterwards I met up with some friends for Indian food and debriefing. Always a good time.


Saturday was a productive day that included the gym, cleaning, Crumbs, and the outlet mall. It rained most of the day, and sadly, the outlet mall did not put out as hoped. The highlights included purchasing an umbrella, cute juice glasses from Crate & Barrel and a sweater stone. I know, I know, how could I possibly contain myself? But, it was still a pleasant day because I wasn't confined to a schedule, which has been pretty common for my Saturdays thus far in DC.


Tonight I went to a BBQ where we had some good eats and played bocce ball. I, being a bocce ball novice, wasn't exactly an asset to my team. Aside from a few lucky plays, I was kinda terrible. Though I see why people get addicted to playing. Hopefully there will be more b-ball in my future.


Earlier in the afternoon, I mentioned to my roomies I was thinking about making cookies. My roommate Becky would not let up on this notion, so I ended up channeling my inner domestic diva (the apron is a nice touch, no?) and whipped up some chocolate chip delights with a pinch of sea salt on top. The trick is to add the addtional salt right before you throw them in the oven. Doesn't disappoint.
PS - Jill please send me YOUR choco chip cookie recipe. It's a lot better than the one on the Harris Teeter chocolate chip bag. Boo on HT all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment