Tuesday, January 18, 2011

About town

Since HDL didn't have to work, and I'm obviously unemployed after being here for 2 seconds, we met up on MLK Day to go to the Kennedy Center and try our luck in getting free tickets to see Patti LaBelle perform. The kicker was standing outside in a line that wrapped around half of the building. Did I mention it was below freezing? After approximately 45 minutes, one Larabar and one Sweet & Salty granola bar, we admitted defeat and went inside to warm up. The Kennedy Center is an amazing place and I will most certainly be back at a later date. Bonus: Free concerts every evening at 6pm, not just MLK day. Apparently it's not usually so difficult to get in...


Me + JFK's bust. Better luck next time.


HDL's friend (and my newest DC friend) Ashley graciously came and picked us up. She arrived just as HDL snapped this pic, hence the reason HDL and I didn't get one together. The three of us grabbed some dinner and then headed to Arlington Drafthouse. It's a movie theatre + restaurant + bar. On Mondays they show movies for a buck -- perfect for my budget these days. We watched "The Social Network", which I had already seen, but still found fascinating even after a second viewing. Afterwards, I made it home via the Metro without any complications. Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment