Thursday, January 20, 2011

Becoming an Urbanite?

Not 100% sure if I'll ever truly be "urban", but now that I've become predominantly pedestrian, with the exception of friends/roomies taking pity on me, the issue of footwear has been called into question. For instance, Tuesday evening it snowed, which meant icy/slippery roads followed. Wednesday morning I had an interview, which meant trekking into the District, in business suit, attemtping to look the part of a young professional.

This is where the footwear becomes an issue. My walk to the Metro station is a little under a mile from my apartment. Once I get into the city, I still have a few blocks to walk. Lots of walking -- you get the picture. There is no way that my black patent leather pumps are going to make it on the slippery terrain. They have zero traction. So what'a a girl to do? Commit fashion suicide. Yep, I became 'that' girl. Now, by no means do I claim to be a true fashionista, though I try to look somewhat pulled together/polished. White shoes, black suit. What?

so hot right now.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes. You may need to get some sweet black hightops like SK's.

    ReplyDelete